Monday, October 15, 2007

Shade Tree Wisdom 10/15/07

It struck me this morning on the refreshing time outdoors, what future do they have? I mean the youngsters gathered to be hauled away for the day to the halls of learning. Here is a quiet lad, he has a little device in hand that he pays attention to. Here is another, shy, always ready with a smile and a quiet “good morning’. She carries an instrument case which might hold a flute or piccolo. Another, larger lad, also quiet, shouldering his book bag. And then there is Brandon, exuberant with his greeting, always running hard because he nearly misses the bus each morning.

Then the bus sweeps them up and they are gone. And I wonder what is in store for them in life? Will they graduate High School, enter college somewhere, win a scholarship, find their career path easy, or harsh, have friends, family. And what is their background? Do they have dreams and plans for their future?

And I say a quiet prayer for them. I pray they will know the same God I do, the One to whom I can say,

The Lord is MY Shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside the still waters,
He restores my soul.
Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me,
All the days of My Life.
And I will dwell in the House of the Lord,
Forever.
Psalm 23 excerpts
GPD 10/15/07

No comments:

Post a Comment