Thursday, January 2, 2014

Shade Tree Wisdom 1/2/14



          Yesterday I sent several Scriptures for use for the year.  Since I sent that email, I looked at E C Peterson’s The Message and found it speaking to the modern man.  So I am sending it along.  It speaks as directly to today as Jesus did when He spoke the words of the Sermon on the Mount.

          Here is Peterson’s translation for Matthew 7,24-27.

“These words I speak to you are not
Incidental additions to your life; homeowner
Improvements to your standard of living.
They are foundational words.
Words to build a life on.
If you work these words into your life,
You are like a smart carpenter who built his house on solid rock.
Rain poured down,
The river flooded,
A tornado hit,
But nothing moved that house.
It was fixed on the rock.
BUT, if you use my words in Bible studies,
And don’t work them into your life,
You are like a stupid carpenter, who
Built his house on a sandy beach.
When the storms rolled in and the waves came up,
It collapsed like a house of cards.”
Matthew 7, 24-27 MSG
         
          Jesus teaches when we cling to His Word, use it to guide us and direct our actions, His blessings falls on such a life.  The Psalm gives us wisdom such as this: “Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” Psalm 139,105. May your walk in 2014 be rich blessed.

GPD 1/2/14

No comments:

Post a Comment