Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Shade Tree Wisdom 3/4/14


          Winter wonderland, I thought as I was driving to do some food shopping. Trees covered with glistening icy particles, not really so heavy as to cause damage, just to turn their ends into glittering orbs of beauty. It will be melting and be pretty much gone in several hours.

          And when I remarked on the beauty of it, most people I spoke to grumbled about the “mess” with bits of limbs broken and needing to be cleaned up, etc. I did see several lads waiting for their school bus tugging at a branch that had fallen onto the pavement and getting it out of the way. I beeped and waved at them, gave them a well done, and they grinned and pulled harder. Laid it neatly on the lawn out of the way. And it suddenly struck me, that’s what people used to do, see what needs doing and doing it, not waiting for ‘authority’ to show up. Really, isn't that what getting along in society really means?

          St. Paul speaks about that in the Book of Romans. A man who had studied much and written 4 books on secrets of success, said when asked, the first secret is this ”do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.”

          So enjoy the glittering winter wonderland while it is there, and grin and thank God for the sight He laid out for you and me to enjoy.

GPD 3/4/14  

No comments:

Post a Comment