Thursday, January 1, 2009

Shade tree wisdom 1/1/09

And don’t forget to write 2009. And who would have thought I’d be here writing that very figure for the year. 2009, imagine.

But I am here because HE is faithful. Remember what the promise is in Psalm 139? v. 1 - 4?“1 A David psalm. God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand. 2 I'm an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking. 3 You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight. 4 You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. “

Since He is ever faithful, I look forward to what God may lay at hand for me to do, live, work, endure, or whatever, with sureness that He is ever there. The Psalmist also said, “I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what Your hands have done”. Ps. 143, 5.

On the other hand, the years total up, so I am ever ready to speak with the two men on their way home to Emmaus, “Spend the night, the day is far spent, and night is near..”

In whatever way, may the Lord bless your lives in 2009, not only with His presence, but also with His word which you read daily, in hearing your prayers, and in rich and daily blessing.
GPD 1/1/09

No comments:

Post a Comment