Friday, January 23, 2009

Shade Tree Wisdom 1/23/09

In the Paper this morning, this bit.
“Don’t tell people your troubles,
Half of them won’t care, the rest will be glad it happened to you”.

Well, there is a niggling problem I have, and I need to share it. The news is that the man put forth for the office of Secretary of the Treasury of the United States is a tax cheat.

Cheating on taxes is not unusual, of course, but to have it reported about the man we are to trust to guide this important office, to have a hand in setting policy, to lead us to sound financial ground, is troubling. To have us believe that this man is the most important for this important position, and that the country is best served by his expertise, and so a little cheating may be condoned, is really asking a great deal.

I am glad the My God can be trusted. His Word is our guide, our sure direction, and our sure defense against attacks of Satan, the world, and our on sinful flesh.
So when He says, “ He that believeth and is baptized, shall be saved’. I trust that word.

My God sent His greatest treasure, His own Son, to suffer and die for me, so I know His Word is true. I believe it, believe it too.

GPD 1/23/09

No comments:

Post a Comment