Friday, March 13, 2009

Shade Tree Wisdom 3/13/09

Dreary, and rainy, for which we are really grateful, since we needed it so badly. It’s the sort of day where nothing much gets done. O, lots of stuff gets looked at, some even more than once, but nothing gets done.

Well, I am retired, so you will have o excuse the laziness.

But just for you, here is an item I picked out of the paper recently. When Ray Kroc opened his first McDonalds in Des Plaines, IL in 1955, the menu had hamburgers, cheeseburgers, soda, French fries, coffee, and milkshakes. The cost, hamburger 15 cents, cheeseburger 19 cents, fries 10 cents, soda 10 or 15 cents, coffee 5 cents, shakes 20 cents. Hey, seniors can now get a very good cup of coffee for 50 cents.

So, I quote Robert Browning

“Grow old along with me,
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first is made.
My times are in Thy hands.”

GPD 3/13/09

No comments:

Post a Comment