Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Shade Tree Wisdom 10/13/10


It’s an amazing feat, isn’t it. I mean that rescue of trapped miners in Chile. They have been underground for a total of 69 days. The company had bored a rescue hole to let down food and water and feed air to keep them alive. Most are still in good health. All will be medically checked and ministered to. It will take an hour for each rescue. The capsule that rides down weighs nearly 1,000- pounds and is equipped with telephone and lights as well as air.

And the world has watched this, hoping for success.

I wonder several things? Did they, or their families, pray? Was their attention on the Lord who offers us free salvation? Were they wondering ‘what if’ this thing doesn’t work, what happens to me after? Did any of them have eternity in mind at all, and did they KNOW where they might be spending it soon?

Was “The Lord has become my fortress, And my God the rock in whom I take Refuge?” Psalm 94,22, on their mind during the trying days?

Suffice it to say that I am glad they had success, and I do pray that each of those miners will suffer no long-term illness because of this ordeal.

And for us all, it is surely a reminder, again, how really fleeting are the days given us, and how we often do not praise and thank God enough for His constant care and blessing.

May He bless your day, in Christ Jesus, the Risen Lord and Savior.

GPD 10/13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment