Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shade Tree Wisdom 3/20/12



          Lucked out this morning.  It was nice for my walk, a bit cool, a slight breeze, and quiet.  But no sooner did I finish when the promised rain began, and it rained steadily for several hours with wind.  Enough wind to knock down a neighbor’s tree.  Did no damage save for his fence, so there will be cleaning up to do.

          Yesterday I had my semi-annual check-up with my eye doctor and he took a picture of my optic nerve.  He does that every so often.  He showed me the result with a picture he took several years ago.  Exactly the same, and he was pleased.  Showed a healthy nerve with no deterioration at all.

          Well, when the doctor is pleased and sends me away with ”You’re doing fine, keep it up”, I am satisfied.

               “I remember the days of old,
                I meditate on all Thy works,
                I muse on the works of Thy hands.” Psalm 143,5.

          For memory starts to bring things back.  The day in early college I went to see an eye doctor for I could not really read the blackboard, then the years with glasses, and then many, many years when my eyesight improved to the point when I needed no glasses, until finally the state of Texas said, “Son”, (that’s the way the state speaks to us taxed individuals), “son, you can no longer drive on our fine highways unless you get some glasses .”

          That was about 6 years ago, so I remember the goodness of God in all of this, and I spend time indeed “musing on the works of God’s hands”.

          So memory is fine, for it reminds us of so many blessings along the way, that whatever might weigh us down now seems light, for the memory reminds us that God’s Word is true, and He is ever present with His blessing.

          I pray your memory helps in your life too.

GPD 3/20/12

No comments:

Post a Comment