Monday, August 25, 2014

Shade Tree Wisdom 8/25/14



“I will praise Thee, 
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made, 
marvelous are Thy works, 
and that my soul knoweth right well.”
Psalm 139,14

          Keep that truth in mind.

          Why do we yawn?  What causes it?  What brings it on?  A study showed a greater number of parties yawned more in summer than in winter.  Our brain works best when it is at 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit, and when it heats up, cold air from yawning helps cool it down.  That helps explain why people under stress – having to make an important speech, for example, - often yawn repeatedly.


          Contagious yawning may also have a social aspect, in a group with much repetition on the agenda, yawning may help keep everyone alert.  When planning a meeting, it is best to have an air conditioned room or one that can be cooled. Warm air, boring speeches, leads to much yawning.


         So it’s true,
“I will praise Thee, 
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made, 
marvelous are Thy works, 
and that my soul knoweth right well.”
Psalm 139,14

GPD 8/25/14

No comments:

Post a Comment