Friday, August 8, 2014

Shade Tree Wisdom 8/8/14


P.S.
Meant to add, if you wish to send a memorial please direct it to the
Gerhard and Ruth Dobberfuhl Scholarship Fund at:
Concordia Seminary
801 Seminary Place
St. Louis, MO  63105

Thanks in her name.

GPD  8/8/14

Been gone a while. I spent a month in Rehab getting my walking ability back after a urinary infection.

So Ruth and I went to Rehab.  I went in the sick one, she is the person whom the Lord called home.
The Marker reads
D O B B E R F U H L
Rev. Gerhard Paul Ruth Ida
11/17/20 - 1/29/21-7/16/14

And the story is about that dash.  For that is the story of a life well lived.  A useful life, a life filled with kindness and good for so many.  So many messages pointed that out to me.

I cannot begin to describe our life together.  When we were married and were leaving the church we stopped on the threshold and Ruth turned to me and said, "What a wonderful way to Begin, the blessing of God, hearing the prayers of the congregation, and music, and she spoke the words,     "so nimm denn mein
haende, und fuerhre me,
bis auf ein seelig, ende, und ewiglick."TLH 722

And that is the story of our life together.  We were blessed indeed.

GPD 8/5/14

No comments:

Post a Comment