Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 3/11/15


          Spring seems to be getting closer.  The good news is that we have received the normal amounts of rain so far, so maybe the severe drought is behind us.  And the Houston Rodeo and Livestock show is in full swing.  The interesting thing there is the show is attended by some 2,000 cattle buyers from 50 countries, all seeking to upgrade their cattle.

          For me as a Christian that news is interesting, but I do always remember that years are taking their toll, and often I see so many things that are simply wrong.  I write Shade Tree Wisdom now and then with comments on the passing scene.  I try to avoid politics, except to urge prayers for “those who are in authority”, as St. Paul teaches us to do.

          As the years pass, I think so often of the hymn:
“Lord, when the shadows lengthen, and night has come,
I know that you will strengthen, my steps toward home.  . .
So take my hand and lead me, until the end.”

          St. Paul writes in Romans 13, 11: “Understanding the present time, the hour has come for you to wake out of slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.“

          “The night is far spent, the day is at hand, let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let put on the armor of light.  Let us walk honestly as in the day. . .and put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think how to gratify the sinful nature.” Romans 13-12.

          May God bless your living so.

GPD 3/11/15


No comments:

Post a Comment