Saturday, March 28, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 3/29/15

Shade Tree Wisdom 3/29/15
          In our Lenten journey we are nearing the end. The Gospel of John reports many words spoken to His disciples. Among them these from chapter 14.
“Let not your  hearts be troubled, you
Believe in God, believe also in Me.
In My Father’s house are many mansions,
If it were not so, I would have told you
That. I go to prepare a place for
You.”(14,3a.)
          Also the famous Vine words.
“I am the true vine, and My
Father is the Vinedresser.
Every branch in me that does not
Bear fruit He takes away, and every
Branch that does bear fruit he
Prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
…as the branch  can not bear fruit of itself,
Neither can you unless you abide in Me.”
(15,4).
          When Jesus had spoken these words, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and He said. There in John chapter  seventeen follows His what many call His High Priestly prayer. This prayer just before He died is so comforting and inclusive to all Christians because he prays for us, for you and me. Listen: “Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also who believe on Me through the word”. (v.20)
          So comfort and strengthen one anther trough Jesus Christ, our blessed Savior.

GPD 33/29/15

No comments:

Post a Comment