Saturday, June 4, 2016

Shade tree wisdom 6/4/16

Hello, So now I can stop wondering about those dams. I know lake Conroe is full, and letting out overflow. But I got to thinking about the time Bagnell dam was being planned, I believe by the Mo. power & light Co. The area was growing, so they were in desperate need of power, a fresh source. The first step was to get the state’s permission by showing a real need. Many homesteads would be covered. And that took time. I believe the Waltons had an episode about someone losing their home for this reason When the dam was actually being built many folks bought lots for vacation cottages. But I can imagine someone losing their homestead and having nowhere to go. Oh. They were well paid, but just the same, tough. Now the Lake of the Ozarks is a popular vacation spot for the Midwest So I can stop wondering. Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment