Thursday, January 3, 2008

Shade Tree Wisdom 1/3/08

Talked with my brother yesterday. It was his birthday. He told me of 20 inches of snow and weather in the teens, so I don’t feel quite so cold now, though I do miss that fur hat!

I have a confession to make. I have kept one New Year’s resolution all these years. I have always paid my taxes on time, and never once waited for the interest to kick in. That’s a lesson my father drilled into us because, he said, “That interest can kill you, and it’s your own fault then”.

No, they didn’t write that song for me. You know, the one that starts “Oh, it’s hard to be humble, when you‘re perfect in every way”. You’ll have to type that line into your net, I’m just too humble to write it here.

So the year offers fresh starts. The news is filled with articles and stories about uncluttering your life and living a simpler life style.

May I offer something for you to consider? It’s really quite simple, and gets to the basics. It is to listen and do what the bible teaches. No debates, no arguments, no “But this is 2008”. Just do it.

It sounds easy, but its hard to do simply because we are sinners, born that way. We have the example of Adam and Eve, who ended up blaming God for their disobedience. Excuses. And sinful man has been too ready with excuses ever since. I am not chiding you, but I do ask you to consider, pray, and live to honor God in your life.

GPD 1/3/08

No comments:

Post a Comment