Thursday, February 14, 2008

Shade Tree Wisdom 2/14/08

You noticed the date, I’m sure. And a study reveals that a large percentage will be sending flowers or candy to themselves to make sure they are not regarded as unloved. Understandable, isn’t it. No one wants to be looked at as having no one.

But we, like the Psalmist, we dare to pray. “Keep me as the apple of your eye, hide me under the shadow of your wings.” Psalm 17,8. We are so special that God sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to become one of us, suffer, die and then rise from the dead to pay for the sins we do.

Observe the day with flowers, or a card, or a gift, but remember the deeper meaning here. That love is more than one day flowers, it is serving the needs of the other each day. For that is what God did and is doing, daily, for us who are His beloved children.

A by-the-way item. Today is our monthly circuit meeting, and for one of the few times in my life I am absent. I had asked the doctor about it. And he said, “If the meetings lasts more than 40 minutes please avoid it. You may not be aware of it, but just attending an Affair is an effort for the body. Your body is still recuperating, so don’t go”.

What an excuse, from a doctor yet. So I took it. Pastor understood, and kindly gave a me a copy of the paper he is scheduled to present. So, Happy Valentine’s Day.

GPD 2/14/08

No comments:

Post a Comment