Saturday, November 22, 2008

Shade Tree Wisdom 11/22/08

Ode to a Tooth
(At an extraction of impacted tooth)

We travelled far, my tooth and I
I really hate to see you die
I tended to your every need,
And when you hurt, I paid the deed,
To have the Dentist drill the root,
And clean infection clear, to boot,
Then capped the whole thing with a crown,
Achievement worthy of renown.
We went together, you and I,
You helped me eat much apple pie
You never asked, “What is he eating”
You simply chewed, just never cheating.

Nurtured, fed, with thoughtful care,
Cleaned, flossed, and brushed with fervent care.
But now, my friend, you had to go,
To end my pain and constant woe.
The price to bring you heath was high,
A messed economy said loudly – die.
I pray I’ll never rue the day, I chose to have you put away.
But now, at last, the deed is done.
So on that note let’s end this run.

GPD 11/22/08

No comments:

Post a Comment