Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Shade Tree Wisdom 5/11/10

Pleasant this morning, and I was out early enough to beat the big yellow box, and also the humidity which will climb during the day now.

I saw a report that the Library 0f Congress plans to assemble teams to archive tweets. Once that is developed, it will give historians the ability to zero in on useful information. Right now it is in the planning stage.

I don’t tweet, so this is right now beyond my comprehension, and whether good comes of it I know not. But when I think of all the constant chatter, the often mindless words that flow, or the thoughtless speech that often hurts, I would urge caution on such a project.

Then I think of our Lord’s teaching, “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with the judgment you judge, you will be judged; with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you”. Matthew 7, 1.2.

For words have a way of hanging there, and when they hurt that hurt often remains and festers.

Have you ever had a piece of dirt in your eye? You blinked, and tried to wash it clear, and maybe even ended up in the emergency room to have that cleared away.

The Lord is teaching us to have a care always in every dealing with others, that we truly treat them always as “ourselves”.

I don’t know what you are doing right this minuite, and I don’t care. But both of us should care very much that we treat one another with love, with decency, honor, and respect. May God help us to do this.

GPD 5/11/10

No comments:

Post a Comment