Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shade Tree Wisdom 1/4/12


          What a pleasant morning it is indeed.  I stepped out for my morning walk just as the children next door were getting into the car to get a ride to meet their bus.  We exchanged ‘good mornings’, and I burst into:
“Oh, what a beautiful mornin’,
Oh what a beautiful day.
I’ve got a wonderful feeling,
Everything’s goin’ my way”.
I sang mostly to myself, for they had to hurry to catch their ride.  But then, I enjoy my singing.

          But ever have that sort of feeling to begin a day.  You’re alive, have the day sort of planned, looking forward to getting things done, and the day is just beginning, Wonderful.

          I believe the reading the Psalms slowly and with insight gives just such a feeling.  God is there, our God, the Mighty One, who created heaven and earth, is there.  He sent His Own Son to rescue us from the sin we were born with, to make us righteous through His work.  So that we can and do believe
“In Jesus Christ, true God, begotten of the Father from eternity, and also true man, born of the virgin Mary, is my Lord, who has redeemed me, a lost and condemned creature, purchased and won me from all sin, from death, and from the power if the devil.  Not with gold or silver, but with His holy, precious blood, and with His innocent suffering and death.”

          And, knowing that, it is a beautiful morning, for I am walking under His Care and in the faith He planted in my in holy Baptism.

          Dr. Luther had it right, when things got tough and there seemed no solution, and it looked as if there was a dead end with no help in sight, he would say, “Baptizo sum”, I have been baptized.

          May I wish just such a day and belief for you, my friend?

GPD 1/4/12

No comments:

Post a Comment