Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Shade Tree Wisdom 12/4/12


          Just have patience.

          That seems to be the word of my Lord when I puzzle why He is allowing me so long a time on this earth.

          Now, during Advent, we enter another church year filled with His rich blessings and the great gift of the Birth that sent Jesus to save us.

          Yet, the time seems wearisome. It must have been like that for St. John on the Isle of Patmos. Lonely. He was the last of the Apostles alive, the rest all gone, martyred, and John was alone.

          Then he hears this voice. He writes, “I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet saying, Write”. And so we have this wonderful Book in the New Testament. A Wonderful gift explaining the ending. What a blessing.

          So Isaiah chimes into my musings. “Even to your old age I am He, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and save.” Isaiah 46,4.

          So I am content with the Lord’s will and hand in my life.

GPD 12/4/12

No comments:

Post a Comment