Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Shade Tree Wisdom 10/15/14


“Go, My children, with My blessing,
Never alone.
Waking, sleeping, I am with you,
You are My own.
In My love’s baptismal river,
I Have made you mine forever.
Go, my children, with My blessing,
You are My own.” 
TLH 922,1

          I was thinking of all the blessings the Lord has granted in my lifetime, and humming the “Praise God from whom all blessings flow” and checking the hymnal for all the words when my eyes fell on the lines above.

          The words are from a hymn by writer and hymn-composer Jaroslav Vajda, now deceased.  (We were at the Seminary together).  And it came to my mind how we so often simply take all God’s riches to us for granted.  And they are given because He loves us in spite of our failings.

          In this Reformation month my thoughts are often on Luther and his valiant struggle for the TRUTH.  One friend once asked him how he endured all his troubles. He said simply, “Baptizo sum”.  And that is always our answer too, “I have been baptized”.

          Indeed,
“In My love’s baptismal river,
I have made you mine forever”.

          And with that comforting thought I leave you.

GPD 10/15/14

No comments:

Post a Comment