Friday, February 27, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 2/27/15


          We are just starting the season of Lent with its emphasis on repentance and forgiveness in Christ.

          So here comes an article about the cult of tidying up.  A book by a Japanese author, Marie Kondo, (Japan’s tidier-in-chief) titled “The life-changing Magic of Tidying Up,” has taken the book-buying world by storm.

          According to the article in the WSJ, it seems to have arrived just when many people have reached a tipping of clutter in their lives.

          Now there’s something any Christian can relate to, a clutter of sin in our lives.  If you follow me and wish to un-clutter a bit, the Offertory in the service might be helpful.  Let me refresh our memories:
“Create in me a clean heart, O Lord,
And renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from Thy presence,
And take not Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation,
And uphold me with Thy free spirit.”

          Then, as Luther says, go joyfully to your work with God’s rich blessing.

GPD 2/27/15

No comments:

Post a Comment