Thursday, February 5, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 2/5/15


“Take my life and let it be,
Consecrated Lord to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.”
LSB 784,1

          When one thinks of living a “Life of ceaseless praise”, I wonder just how this is done.  And I offer one way.

          Answer this. ’how do you read your Bible?’, for example.

          Are you one of those who rarely picks it up for daily reading, or even casual reading.  Or are you one who reads it with deep attention, pausing now and again and asking, "Just what Is the Lord teaching me here?”  Because there are lessons for our daily living and lessons for life in general.

          So, please take the time to read the Bible meditatively, prayerfully, with attention.  It often is helpful if you have a book for notes.  And keep a pencil handy for underlining some passages, and for note-taking for further study.  And you will find, and be surprised, how eagerly you look forward to your reading and study time.

So, “Take my life and let it be,
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.”

          So, let such Bible reading be richly blessed for you.

GPD 2/5/15

No comments:

Post a Comment