Friday, May 1, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 5/1/15

Shade Tree Wisdom 5/1/15
“Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!
That calls me from a world of care,
And bids me at my Father’s throne,
Make all my wants and wishes known”. . .
        What better time than this day to “make all my cares and wishes known”?
And the world seems full of cares. An earthquake in Nepal that takes over 5000 lives. But there is a heartening report of finding another live body in a shattered hotel.
The Colbuca volcano in Southern Chile erupts for the third time in 8 days spewing forth ashes and fire, and causing massive evacuations.
        Meanwhile. The country sets a national day of prayer on May 7th this year, with many churches doing just that, holding prayers for the nation.
And so,
“And since He bids me seek His face,
Believe His word and trust His grace,
I‘ll cast on Him my every care,
And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer.”
GPD 5/1/15



No comments:

Post a Comment