Saturday, December 8, 2007

Shade Tree Wisdom 12/8/07

I’m back. After God’s created creature messed up this wonderful technology and disconcerted me and the internet, It happened like this. When the cable was put in, either a careless workman or a lazy one did not bury the entire length, and a squirrel took a liking to that cable, chewed it, till he got through.

So I called the company whom I pay money each month, and after a while I managed to get a repair visit scheduled. Here comes a nice young man, checked the machine inside, found everything in good shape, then checked the outside and found the unburied cable nipped in several places, one of them fatal. He replaced that, promised to send a man out to bury it, received my thanks, and left.

Now that I am back, let me report on that street lamp. It is burning again, and the repair was done with two days grace. I trust that company!

But I did find a rose that I had planted two years ago. It’s a miniature rose, and it had produced a fine yellow bloom. I harvested that, placed it into a vase, and gave it to my lovely wife. And I thought of Psalm 8. “How excellent is Thy name in all the earth.” Then it speaks of man, placed here “:a little lower than the angels” to enjoy His creation. And this man has been able to invent much, and yet, that is still under God’s daily eye, isn’t it. It gives me joy to be able to celebrate Advent and Christmas again, for it assures me that God always keeps His promises to me, and on that my salvation is true, and certain.

Bless His Holy Name.

GPD 12/8/07

No comments:

Post a Comment