Saturday, November 12, 2011

Shade Tree Wisdom 11/11/11


          I started this on 11/11/11, but is now11/12/11. The first date is a palindrome.  Numerologists rate it highly as a date to start something new.  So the news today reports a flock of people rushing to Vegas to be married.  But this date has no magic in it.  It happens that way because of the calendar.

          I prefer another claim for blessing, that is written in the Psalms especially.  I offer Psalm 62, 5-6, as a promise to believe and live by.  It reads so:
               “Find rest, O my soul, in God alone.
               My hope comes from Him.
               He alone is my Rock and my Salvation,
               He is my Fortress,
               I will not be shaken”. Psalm 62, 5.6.

          Now here is a promise with some substance, one to lean on, one to trust, because it is from Almighty God.

What more need we, my friend?

GPD 11/12/11

No comments:

Post a Comment