Sunday, November 20, 2011

Shade Tree Wisdom 11/20/11


          Isn’t it funny what affect a birthday has? This morning – and it was warm and pleasant here on the Gulf Coast where it seldom snows – I found myself grumbling to people about the lack of snow, just because I was born during a snow fall in far off Wisconsin.  Outside of that, birthdays aren’t bad.

          Quot libros, quam breve tempus.  Translation – so many books, so little time.

          I throw that bit of wisdom in because the birthday netted two books.  One, a Baldacci, one of my favorite mystery writers. Gripping tales.  The second has this title, KILLING LINCOLN by O’Reilly and Dugard.

          Yes, that’s the O’Reilly with Fox News who used to teach history.  It purports to dig into the history of the rebellion which backed Booth in shooting the President.

          I also helped assemble a 300 piece puzzle – a genuine Ravensberger, and there sits a yet to be opened jar of honey roasted cashews.  No, I don’t plan to bring them along next Sunday to share.

          To top it all the Sunday gave us a time to worship, praise the Lord, take time to meditate, and be glad that “This is the day that the Lord has made,
We will rejoice, and be glad in it”.

GPD 11/20/11

No comments:

Post a Comment