Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Shade Tree Wisdom 8/28/12


          “Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” That’s Psalm 119.105, and it’s a verse many of us memorized in our confirmation class.

          It tells us the Word of God lights the way and show the right path for us. Have you found it so?

          A promise that Isaiah wrote comes to mind. He speaks of rain and snow watering the earth, just so My Word, says the Lord.
    “So shall My Word be that goes forth from My mouth.
    It shall not return unto Me empty,
    But it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
    And shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.” Is 55,11.

          The word is never void of results. It always does what God intends for it to do.

          Jesus spoke of the seed, and He concluded with “Other seed fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. He who has ears to hear let him hear:”. Matthew 13,8

          And the writer of Hebrews describes it so” “For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give an account.” Heb. 4,12-13.

          It works just that way, shows us our sins, and also points out to the Savior from those sin, Jesus Christ, who made payment for our sins on the cross.

          And there is the reason the Word is so important. It lights the way for us, but it also show us our rough and sinful edges, and then shows us what the Lord has done to get rid of those sins. The Word, then, comforts me and strengthens me for the walk I am on. That is God’s grace and mercy to me in action, and I am thankful.

GPD 8/28/12

No comments:

Post a Comment