Saturday, December 24, 2011

Shade Tree Wisdom 12/24/11 Christmas Eve


       
“How silently, how silently, the wondrous gift is giv’n,
So God imparts to human hearts the blessings of His heav’n
No ear may hear His coming,
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive Him still,
the dear Christ enters in.”LSB 361,3.

          For the message to the shepherds by the angel was:
“Fear not; for behold, I bring you good tidings
Of great joy, which shall bet to all people..
For unto you is born this day in the city of David
a SAVIOR, which is Christ, the Lord.” Luke 2, 10.11

          So let us rejoice and sing:
“Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay,
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care,
And take us to heaven to live with Thee there.” LSB 364,3

          This Christmas Eve, I am again overwhelmed with the glory and grace of a loving God, who sends His Son to earth to live, suffer, die and rise again so the promised salvation story will be completed.

“Glory in excelsis deo”

GPD 12/24/11

No comments:

Post a Comment