Sunday, December 4, 2011

Shade Tree Wisdom 12/4/11


          The mystery remains. Biologists ask, “Why does one red headed duck have white feathers on the head?” The duck was hatched, one of a batch, in a marsh in northern Canada and took its flight to the marshes of the Texas Gulf coast. But unlike all the others in the flock, it has white feathers on its head, not red. And it remains a mystery to scientists who study such things.

          Here is another. Yesterday I needed to go to Best Buy to get some ink cartridges for the printer – wish had had the ownership of that patent – and the place was swarming with people. The speakers were playing – guess what - “Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.” For what purpose? To drive sales for the season. And the mystery is that it seems to be working.

          I asked the clerk at the register, ‘Do most of these people buy something?” She said, ‘Well, some come to play games, but most do buy.”

          The mystery is, “How does this prepare the heart for the Birth?”  Here is one suggestion, read and ponder this truth from St. Peter.  "So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. 13 I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, 14 because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15 And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.


          16 We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, 'This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.' 18 We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.


          19 And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1, 12-21

GPD 12/4/11

No comments:

Post a Comment