Friday, January 16, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 1/16/15


          This caught my eye during my morning devotion:
“The Law of God is good and wise,
And sets His will before our eyes,
Shows us the way of righteousness,
And dooms to death when we transgress.

To Jesus we for refuge flee,
Who from the curse has set us free,
And humbly worship at His throne,
Saved by His grace through faith alone.”
LSB,l,6

          It caught my attention because the Law does convict, but Christ is the Advocate who says, “I died for his one”.  St. Paul writes, (Colossians 2,13b.14)
“God. . .having forgiven us all our trespasses, by cancelling the record  of debt that stood against us with its legal demands.  This He set aside, nailing it to the cross.”

          So when guilt weighs heavily upon me, I know I need not worry, fret, or stew, because my sin is nailed to Jesus’ cross.

          Thanks be to God for His everlasting mercy and grace.

GPD 1/16/15

No comments:

Post a Comment