Saturday, January 3, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 1/3/15


          We are blessed to be able to enter  a new year.  I do pray that you know The Lord is with us always, as He has promised, “And lo, I will be with always, you even to the end of the age?”.

          This is a firm truth.

          It is for today.

          It is for tomorrow.

          It is for your life-long.

          There is a line or two in The Village Blacksmith that goes:
“He goes on Sunday to the Church
And sits among his boys’
He hears the Parson pray and preach.
And hears his daughter’s voice.
Singing in the village choir,
And it makes his heart rejoice.”

          But the blacksmith does not need to go to the village church to be near God.
For God is there, His name is Emmanuel, which means God with us.

          Our Lord Jesus said:
“No longer do I call you servants,
For a servant does not know
What his master is doing,
But I have called you friends,
For all that I have heard from My Father I have
Made known unto you”. John 15,15

Let us then always remember that our is God is always near.

GPD 1/3/15

No comments:

Post a Comment