Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 1/28/15


          The question before the house this morning is ’what’s going on today?’ The whole day lies before us.  What’s the plan?  Where do we start?  The answer, at least the first part, lies in the suggestion given by Psalm ll8,24.
“This is the day
that the Lord has made,
Let us rejoice
And be glad
In it.”
Psalm ll8,24

          Just think, the sun is shining (at least here where I am writing this), the hours lie before us, fresh, unused.  I am reading about a storm heading for the northeast and I am where that doesn't bother me.

          I have enjoyed a nice breakfast, tasty, enjoyable, quite satisfying – even had a second cup of coffee.

          One of my table mates had an early doctor’s appointment and his ride was urging him to hurry.  And I could lean back, watch him rush away, and enjoy my coffee.

          Some birds are starting to appear from their winter sojourn, and soon there will be flocks of geese going north.  I am always amazed at their unerring sense of direction and their stamina in their flight.

          So, do look about you this day and “rejoice and be glad in it”, for the Lord has made this day for you.

GPD 1/28/15

No comments:

Post a Comment