Friday, June 19, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 6/19/15

Shade Tree Wisdom  6/19/15
“Thou shalt honor thy father
And mother, that it may
Be well with thee and th0u
Mayest live long
On the earth”
        That is the fourth commandment the Lord gave us Exodus 20,12.
Sunday we celebrate Father’s day According to legend started in 1910 in Spokane, Washington, because one woman decided to honor her dad at a YMCA that day.
So Sunday is set aside for specially honoring dad. I remember during my college years when dads would drive to the campus to pick up their sons for the summer, and often, when we happened to bump into each other, how proudly we would say, “This is my dad”.
        I admit it, my parents had  strong influence on my life. They introduced me to the faith, they established work habits that have served me well, they formed and shaped me in many ways,
and I am grateful.
I hope you can say this also. Then,
“Hearken to the father that begot tee,
And despise not thy mother,
When she is old.”
Proverbs 23,22.
So, may God’s blessing rest on your celebration.
GPD 6/19/15


No comments:

Post a Comment