Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 6/2/15

Shade Tree Wisdom 6/2/15
          For many Christians one of their favorite passages come from the Gospel of John, chapter 14. It reads:
“Let not your hearts be troubled.
Believe in God, believe also in Me. In
In My Fathers house are many rooms.
If it were not so,   would I have Told you
That I go to prepare a place for you? And if I
Go and prepare a place or you, I will
Come again and receive you unto myself, that where I am,
You may be also.”
John 14, 1-3.
          That was a favorite for reading and commenting a few words at graveside committal services.  There is such a promise or a grieving heart.
            [An aside, recently there was a news item about a recent funeral. The Husband was at work when  friend called and told him he had seen the casket of his recently buried wife floating by. Unbelieving, he left his place of work and drove many miles to check the statement and it was true, he recognized the casket of his recently buried wife. Now the funeral home, the cemetery officials and the public authorities are busy trying to untangle what happened, because the casket had been in  cement vault. I suppose the final explanation will be simple.]
          But back to Jesus promise in the verses from St. John 14. What  glorious promise to bring to a grieving soul. For that soul,  a believer in Jesus, knows Jesus makes no promise He doesn’t, and come away rom the graveside knowin this I not the end jut the beginning if a new life.
          Think on this.

GPD 6/2/15

No comments:

Post a Comment