Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 7/21/15

Shade Tree Wisdom 7/21/15
St. Matthew reads so:
“Come to Me, all who labor
And I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me,
For I am gentle and lowly
In heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy,
And My burden is light.”
Matthew 11,18
          I was going to talk about the burden we find too heavy to carry. I have in mind the ‘forgive and forget’ we do during our life time. Do we really?
          It seems to be human nature to hold on to those slights and things that happen to us  inadvertently. Things that might hurt and folks had no intention of giving is hurt, but we find it very hard to forgive and really forget.
Don’t we?
But if do what St. Matthew suggests, “come unto Him.. .to find rest for our souls”, we will truly  find a gentle relief, and with a sigh let loose and let God, as they often remind us.
I simply point out what our God offers us for our soul’s sake.

GPD 7/21/15

No comments:

Post a Comment