Friday, July 24, 2015

Shade Tree Wisdom 7/24/15


          I was thinking  of how our mind works, that wonderful instrument God has given us to work with, and this ditty suddenly popped up out of nowhere.  I learned it first  from Sherlock Holmes who was debating on the working of the brain.  (What made Sherlock such a successful detective was he used his brain to out-think criminals.)
 When he explained his methods to Dr. Watson the answer always was, "immutably”. At any rate this ditty popped up.  Here it is.
“I do not like thee, Dr. Fell,
The reason why I cannot tell,
But this I know, and know full well,
I do not like thee, Dr. Fell.”

          There’s the bit to stuck in my mind and it got me thinking just how the mind does work.

          Just what things have a bearing on this event?  You know the good detectives are good simply because they out-think criminals.  And that really isn’t too hard because we are creatures of habit.  It worked once, let’s do it again.

          The real question is, how does this work in my life?  How can I use this tool, my mind, to best usage?

          Well now, set Dr. Fell aside and go to work on the assignment I just gave you.

          So my work is done, yours, just beginning.  Good luck.

GPD 7/24/15
         
         




No comments:

Post a Comment